Friday, December 16, 2011

My Wannabe Amazingly Awesome Introductory Post

For I am the LORD who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God.You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy” (Leviticus 11:44-45)

“...as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, ‘Be holy, for I am holy’” (1 Peter 1:15-16).  

I aspire to holiness, but I am far from it. When I was five they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I had two answers: a saint, or a brain surgeon. We will all just shoot up a little bit of praise to the Lord that I did not end up the latter. I'm so ADD I'd probably start working on your brain and before you know it be knee deep in your liver, your kidneys, your spleen....and then not quite remember what I was doing in the first place. I figure by the time I launch all these children out of my house I'll have messed with enough heads. 


So I didn't know you had to be dead in order to be a saint, in the way that I was thinking. Admittedly, that was something of a letdown, therefore I readjusted my aspirations. It was not until many years later, and many mistakes later, that I would come to learn that although none of us will be canonized in our lifetimes, we are all called to be saints here on earth, for we are all called to be "sancta" or "holy". This applies to each individual person ever created, to you, and to me. So how do we get there? 

I don't want to say too much in this introductory post, as I feel much will be coming out over time. What can you expect to read here? You can expect to read about my attempts to answer this call to holiness. I suppose that sounds awfully boring, and it might be, except for the fact that I am surrounded by eight children under 15, am very ADD (as I have mentioned), have quite a background and lead a generally bizarre existence in general. My Catholic Faith is what ties it all together.


I love feedback, so please respond, and share away. I know this was not the most amazingly awesome introductory post, but I told you, I'm a wannabe.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! But the font is very hard to read after a line or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx!! I will see about changing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is better. But I think your basic Times New Roman is probably best for ease of reading. That's what I learned in design and layout and it seems to be true.

    I will add this blog to my Google reader!

    ReplyDelete