Monday, December 19, 2011

God Answers the Holy Wannabe

Although my time is short, as it always is in the morning, I cannot resist sharing what just happened in the last hour. If you read the previous post entitled "Spiritual Direction, BFF Style" then you are aware of some of the struggles playing out in my soul, most notably that of fitting silence and contemplation within my vocation as a wife and mother of many, and how my Holy Family Institute vocation fits in with all of that. For a brief moment last night, I had a fleeting doubt about whether I might not be a good fit for the HFI, and as I'm still in the process of discernment, I did not let it bother me, but God has seen fit to put that doubt to rest, at least where my current struggles are concerned. How'd He do that?

I picked up the December 2011 issue of Concord, the spiritual journal of the Holy Family Institute. You can view issues current and past here: http://www.vocations-holyfamily.com/concordonline.html (clicking will open it in a new window so you won't lose the awesomeness of this blog post). Without really thinking, I just opened it up to the article entitled "The Word of God." I will post the images of the article here, and as the whole article is very good, I will include it all, but to know where God spoke to me so clearly it was almost audible, you have to read the sixth and seventh pages. He even addresses one of my major judgment fears. I think the message couldn't have been any clearer if Jesus knocked on my front door and said to my face, "Stay. Keep going forward." Absolutely, Lord. And THANK YOU!!! Enjoy this read from the December 2011 Concord. Click on the images to make them readable.







No comments:

Post a Comment