Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

If ever you cross my path and ask how I am doing, and I tell you I am "fearfully and wonderfully made," you should

A. Fear for yourself
B. Tell me how wonderful I am
C. Flee

Did you think there would be profundity in today's blog? Today's theme is "hanging by a thread with God's Word."

When sarcasm and bitterness seep in where surrender should be, and it happens to us all, you just have to keep riding the wave, keep trying to reorient your mind, keep turning back. Try to replace the sarcasm and bitterness with humor and re-orient, with a prayer that we will continue to accept whatever comes our way in our days as God's PERFECT will for us.

"I can do anything through Christ, who strengthens me."

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

If we surrender, we allow Him to use our weakness and work in and through us. If we fight back with sarcasm and bitterness, we seek to manifest our own strength and He will not work through our resistance.

But even so, whatever you do, don't use the phrase "fearfully and wonderfully made" in my presence this week. You can lead a horse to water...you can even be the leader and the horse simultaneously, and still fight the drink.

What was that about splinters and planks...
Yours truly, "hanging by a thread."

No comments:

Post a Comment